body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backmarie2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Bonnie. I always have some type of project going on. I love cooking, gardening, crafts, reading other's blogs and hanging out with my family. Speaking of my family... They are wonderful and I love them dearly. I have an incredible husband, amazing kids... and the greatest dog in the world...Walter! The greatest part of my life though... I have a Savior who died for me.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Making Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

Okay, I saw the idea on Pinterest... had to try. 
 I was so surprised how much detergent it makes. 
I may have enough for the next 2 years!
This is how I made...
1 box Borax (WalMart, Clothes Detergent Isle $2.98)
1 box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (WalMart, Clothes Detergent Isle $3.24)
1 jar of Fruit Fresh (I had, I think they are around $2-3... The stuff is full of Citric Acid)
3 Cups Epsom Salt ($2)

Mix all ingredients together in a VERY LARGE Bowl.  When mixed well, put in container of your choice (I have a smaller one for under my sink and I did a large container for storage in the garage) make sure it is air tight to keep the detergent from hardening.

So my whole project cost me a little over $11, but I have enough for at least 2-3 years!

Use 1 Tablespoon at a time!



No comments:

Post a Comment