body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backmarie2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Bonnie. I always have some type of project going on. I love cooking, gardening, crafts, reading other's blogs and hanging out with my family. Speaking of my family... They are wonderful and I love them dearly. I have an incredible husband, amazing kids... and the greatest dog in the world...Walter! The greatest part of my life though... I have a Savior who died for me.

Monday, April 26, 2010

a NEW life for an OLD basket!



One of my treasures on our girl's trip to the central coast was an old picnic basket that I picked up for a few dollars. It wasn't broke, but very old looking. I thought about turning the piece of junk into a beauty. I wanted a basket to put my "stuff" into for my car (my family makes fun of my things laying around in the car). So I'm going to be organized now!


It was pathetically ugly, with scary clowns inside... they had to go!



I washed with soap and water and let it dry in the sun for most of the day. It needed to get rid of the "old-musty" smell.

I used an cleaner/oil on it to give it life again. BEFORE


AFTER!

(I let it sit in the sun for a while to dry the oil up)


I had this beautiful black paper sitting in a drawer doing nothing... so I used it!

(I have lots of things sitting around doing nothing)


I've been making felt flowers the last few months... so I added one to the handle.

Voila.... my basket!
















3 comments:

  1. That is so neat. You did a good job. I must share this with my daughter so she can make her baskets new again. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie, great to meet you too at the Antique show. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your basket, great job!! Take care, hope to see you again. Riki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

    ReplyDelete