Now we get to frame the windows with wood. One project done, 5000 to go!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
and laugh while making!
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- spray bunt pan with a non-stick spray
- combine cake mix, budding, water, eggs, and oil in large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Transfer batter to Bundt pan
- Bake for 45 min or until toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on cooling rack for 15 min.
- Invert cake onto cooling rack, cool completely
Ganache (my favorite thing EVER)
- Heat cream in small saucepan over low heat until small bubbles appear.
- remove from heat and add the chocolate chips to cream and stir until smooth
- cool ganache just until slightly warm
- Pour ganache over cooled cake
- Transfer cake to serving platter
- Garnish with additional chocolate chips
I like to use the extra ganache for serving, (I warm up for 30 seconds in microwave) you can drizzle the plate or even better, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the cake and drizzle warm ganache over the ice cream!
Thursday, March 3, 2011
I used two coordinating fabrics
I cut them the length of the fabric 54" (makes 2)
5" for the middle bug fabric
3" (x2) of the orange
3" (x2) again of the bug fabric
Sew all the pieces together, using 1/4" seam allowance
Trim threads and IRON!
I use new white bathroom face towels (wash before sewing)
(I've made with cloth diapers, and they don't work as well)
Put right sides together and pin.
Sew around fabric 3/8" seam allowance,
leaving an opening to turn right inside out
(or is it outside in???)
Trim extra fabric and towel
turn inside out/outside in??? :)
- pulling a weed and getting all the roots with it... victory!
- getting through right away when you call a big company
- When someone's leaving a public bathroom at the same time as you, so you don't have to touch the door (yes, I'm a germ-a-phobic)
- correctly guessing an old password you haven't used in a while
- catching up to the car that just passed you at the next red light..ha!
I think I'll SMILE all day long!