body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backmarie2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Bonnie. I always have some type of project going on. I love cooking, gardening, crafts, reading other's blogs and hanging out with my family. Speaking of my family... They are wonderful and I love them dearly. I have an incredible husband, amazing kids... and the greatest dog in the world...Walter! The greatest part of my life though... I have a Savior who died for me.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Burp Cloths

Baby gift needed ASAP... I'll make burp cloths!
I used two coordinating fabrics
I cut them the length of the fabric 54" (makes 2)
5" for the middle bug fabric
3" (x2) of the orange
3" (x2) again of the bug fabric

Sew all the pieces together, using 1/4" seam allowance

Trim threads and IRON!

I use new white bathroom face towels (wash before sewing)
(I've made with cloth diapers, and they don't work as well)
Put right sides together and pin.
Sew around fabric 3/8" seam allowance,
leaving an opening to turn right inside out
(or is it outside in???)
Trim extra fabric and towel
turn inside out/outside in??? :)
Pin the pieces together and quilt stitch in the ditches of the
seams of the coordinating fabric.
Fold cute, tie a bow around them. Done!





2 comments:

  1. Darling, Bonnie. I love your adorable gift wrapping job, too! Thanks so much for sharing with Air Your Laundry Friday.

    xo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete