body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backmarie2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Bonnie. I always have some type of project going on. I love cooking, gardening, crafts, reading other's blogs and hanging out with my family. Speaking of my family... They are wonderful and I love them dearly. I have an incredible husband, amazing kids... and the greatest dog in the world...Walter! The greatest part of my life though... I have a Savior who died for me.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

easy homemade granola!!!



If you have walked down the cereal isle of the grocery store, you shouldn't be surprised at how expensive yummy granola is. So while reading my April 2010 copy of Real Simple they had a recipe for making it. So I did! It took about 2 minutes to prep, and only 25 minutes to cook.

Here we go...
  • 4 Cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
  • 1 Cup sliced almonds

  • 1/2 Cup shredded coconut (I didn't have any, I guess I'll have to make more this week w/coconut)

  • 1/4 pumpkin seeds
  • 1/2 Cup pure maple syrup

  • 2 TBS canola oil

  • 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt

  • 1 Cup dried fruit (cherries, cranberries, raisins,blueberries)



Heat oven to 350. On rimmed baking sheet, toss the oats, almonds, coconut, pumpkin seeds with the maple syrup, oil, and salt.

Bake, tossing once (oops, I did... like 5 times-ha, and it still worked) until golden and crisp, 25-30 minutes.

Add the dried fruit and toss to combine. Let cool.


Granola will keep in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 weeks. Put in mason jar with a cute label... I'm thinking great gift idea for any holiday, birthday, teachers gift, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment