body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backmarie2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Bonnie. I always have some type of project going on. I love cooking, gardening, crafts, reading other's blogs and hanging out with my family. Speaking of my family... They are wonderful and I love them dearly. I have an incredible husband, amazing kids... and the greatest dog in the world...Walter! The greatest part of my life though... I have a Savior who died for me.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Heaven Squares (toffee, almond, chocolate)


Heaven Squares... I don't know exactly what they are called, but since I've been trying to watch what I will be eating this next month, and had the stupid idea to make these after seeing on The Martha Stewart Show. I've decided to call them Heaven Squares. I figured I can eat anything I want in heaven and not gain a pound... So there you go! Good thing I've been working so hard at the gym this week... thanks Martha! When my son ate one he said, "OHHHHH, I LOVE YOU".


Ingredients:
13 graham crackers
1 bag (8 ounces) toffee bits
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped toasted natural almonds
1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/3 cup...it tasted great)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (I used one...it was plenty! I'm trying to lose weight)
3/4 cup (4 ounces) bittersweet chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place graham crackers in a single layer on sheet (I broke them in 2 in. squares at this time to avoid having to cut when done), edges touching. Sprinkle toffee bits and almonds over graham crackers.
2. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and butter to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until mixture is syrupy, 2 minutes. Immediately pour over graham crackers. Bake until sugar topping is bubbling, 12 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate and salt over graham crackers. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into 2-inch squares (or break before like I did). Let cool completely on sheet on a wire rack. (Store in an airtight container, up to 1 week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment