body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backmarie2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Bonnie. I always have some type of project going on. I love cooking, gardening, crafts, reading other's blogs and hanging out with my family. Speaking of my family... They are wonderful and I love them dearly. I have an incredible husband, amazing kids... and the greatest dog in the world...Walter! The greatest part of my life though... I have a Savior who died for me.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Small Price of College...HA!

I had went to my home page and there was an article on "THE 10 MOST EXPENSIVE COLLEGES". I decided I should read the article to make myself feel better(since we have two kids attending a private college this year).

As I started to read, I was preparing myself to see the kids school listed. I figured, it MUST be in the top 10. To my surprise I'm SAVING (ha-ha) about $20,000 per student/per year by NOT sending our kids to the top 10!

Sarah Lawrence College -Bronxville, NY $57,556 (I've never heard of this place and I'm glad my children haven't either) After seeing the school, I now know why it's so expensive.... you live in a mansion!

Columbia University - too expensive


University of Chicago $56,640 a year... are you kidding me??? Again, saw the picture... you get to live in a CASTLE!



Harvey Mudd - Claremont, CA $53,600 I'm sorry I wouldn't attend a school named "mudd" and get charged that. I've been to Claremont, it isn't beach front dorm real estate.


I then decided I would check my kids school ranking.... #240. IS THAT IT, for the price we pay? I did feel much better, knowing that the average cost of college in between 30-40K per year. So start saving NOW young moms!


Now here is my children's castle.... you get what you pay for!

Well, after all this research...I sat and thought about how grateful I am that my kids go to a GREAT college! Both kids are involved in Bible Studies & love God. They are influenced by the most incredible staff and they live under big oak trees. They are turning into wonderful adults, how do you put a price on that??? So basically, my kids go to the top #1 most expensive school (for my budget), it is ranked #1 (my list) and guess what....it's worth every dime!

No comments:

Post a Comment