Last month I went to a Grey & Yellow Party for a friends birthday. She loves the colors, her house is painted grey with a beautiful yellow door.
I had bought her a yellow candle and wanted a bag to put it in as her gift. So, I sewed one!
I cut 2 grey squares approx. 9"x 9", along with 2 straps- 4"x 13"
I cut 2 yellow squares 9"x 9"
I cut 2 pieces of iron-on interfacing 9" x 9"
- Iron on the interfacing to the wrong side of the grey squares (I did yellow & wish I did the grey)
- Sew the 2 grey squares right sides together...3 sides (a big square U), turn out and iron
- Sew the two straps... fold in half so it is now 2" thick (right sides together) leave the ends open, then turn inside out & iron
- Sew the 2 yellow squares right sides together...3 sides also...HOWEVER, leave a 3" opening at the bottom of the U (you will use this to turn bag inside out) turn and iron
- Sew the straps to the yellow piece (right sides together) make sure you space evenly
- Put the two bags together (one inside the other with right sides together
- stitch along the top of the bag
- Turn the bag inside out(that is what the opening on the bottom of yellow piece is open for)
- whip stitch the opening on bottom yellow piece
- Make a flower, add a broach, do something!